This wine, realized for the first time in 2004 to comple- te our range of red wines based on Montepulciano grapes, has nice acidity, with notes of fresh fruit, the “ready to drink” and matching, even if the body and structure remain important. To achieve this, we first selected and then used grapes from cooler and vigorous soil, slightly increasing yields. The grapes are hand-picked and undergoes a cold maceration prefermentative, in CO2 atmospheric, for 18-24h. Fermentation occurs by limiting the temperature at not more than 26-27°C with frequent pumping of small volumes of fluid so as not to spoil too much vinasse. The stage of maceration of pomace takes about 15 days, owing to the season.
- Type of wine: Red
- Wine Appellation: Montepulciano d’Abruzzo D.O.C
- Variety: 100% Montepulciano
- Alcohol: 13.5% Vol.
- Type of soil: Calcareous marl rich in white morainic and alluvial material
- Exposure and Altitude: south-east; 200 m. above sea level
- Production method and plant density: Spurred cordon with 4400 vines
- Vineyard age: 8-9 years
- Yield of grapes per hectare: 95 quintals
- Date of harvest: the first decade of October
- Fermentation: stainless steel 50 hectoliters
- Malolactic: yes 100%
- Maturation: in vitrified cement tanks
- Filling period: in spring of the second year following the harvest.