Montepulciano Col del Mondo, is among our wines, the most symbolic and significant, because more representative of the land and the traditions of Abruzzo, of our commitment and immense passion. When we created our company, we started from the classic grape of Abruzzo, Montepulciano, to make our wines. Our best application should be full at both conceptual (the research of essence of Montepulciano) and practical (the use of new and different technologies in vinifying and enological at every point of the production process) to achie- ve a steady improvement in the quality but always in compliance with the typicality of the wine. The grapes are destemmed, crushed and then fermented at controlled temperature (max 28° C), while the maceration lasts 3 to 4 weeks, depending on the vintage, with frequent pumping over and delestages. Then the wine is transferred into barrels, where malolactic fermentation takes place at the end of which many batonnages are done. Since spring, the wine rests quiet for 18 months.
- Type of wine: red
- Wine Appellation: Montepulciano d’Abruzzo D.O.C
- Variety: 100% Montepulciano
- Alcohol: 14% Vol.
- Type of soil: white stone moraine supported by limited and clays characterize a first vineyard; more marls and argillaceous limestone features are the costituents of the soil of a second farm.
- Exposure and Altitude: south-west; 300 m. above sea level
- Production method and plant density: Spurred cordon with 4000 vines
- Vineyard age: 12-13 years
- Yield of grapes per hectare: 85 quintals
- Date of harvest: the first decade of October
- Fermentation: stainless steel 50 hectoliters
- Malolactic: yes 100%
- Maturation: in Frenc barriques for 14 months.
- Filling period: in spring of the third year following the harvest