The Kerrias Pecorino is a new wine for our company. We planted the vineyard in 2002 and produced for the first time in 2007, bottled in the following spring. The name of the vine, native of Abruzzo, is derived from local traditions: the shepherds consumed it during the transhumance of the flocks. The main characteristics of this wine are linked to those of the grape, a massive concentration and a high alcohol content of sugars, due to low production.The cluster is characterized by minute and small berries and sparse. The gathering of the grapes is done by hand, in boxes. In the cellar the grapes undergo a very soft pressing, the must is cooled to about 18 hours, so as to facilitate defecation static, followed by fermentation, favored by selected yeast for about 20 days.
- Type of wine: white
- Wine Appellation: Pecorino I.G.T. “Colline Pescaresi”
- Variety: 100% Pecorino
- Alcohol: 14% Vol.
- Type of soil: clay and limited, being rich in limestone rock and alluvional morainic.
- Exposure and Altitude: south-east; 200 m. above sea level
- Production method and plant density: Guyot with 4400 vines
- Vineyard age: 8-9 years
- Yield of grapes per hectare: 70 quintals
- Date of harvest: the first decade of Septenber.
- Fermentation: stainless steel 50 hectoliters
- Malolactic: no
- Maturation: stainless steel
- Filling period: in spring of the year following the harvest