The Kerrias is the best summary of major research work done on the vine Montepulciano. We use only the best grapes from vineyards plan- ted espalier, selecting the clusters, which are remo- ved manually. The maceration is pushed in search of a better extraction of polyphenols trough frequent pum- ping and some delestages during the most active phase of fermentation, while in its final stage these treatments are more delicate and small. The aging is prolonged and occurs first in barrels for 18 – 24 months, then for one year in bottle: it is a wine with strong characteristics of elegance, softness and richness of different notes. It is familiarly called “Uncle”, as it reminds us of a family full of charm, and prodigal, in each encounter, with gifts and new experiences.
- Type of wine: red
- Wine Appellation: Montepulciano d’Abruzzo D.O.C
- Variety: 100% Montepulciano
- Alcohol: 14,5% Vol.
- Type of soil: white stone moraine supported by limited and clays characterize a first vineyard; more marls and argillaceous limestone features are the costituents of the soil of a second farm
- Exposure and Altitude: south-west; 300 m. above sea level
- Production method and plant density: Spurred cordon with 4000 vines
- Vineyard age: 13-14 years
- Yield of grapes per hectare: 80 quintals
- Date of harvest: the first decade of October
- Fermentation: stainless steel 50 hectoliters
- Malolactic: yes 100%
- Maturation: in Frenc barriques for 14 months.
- Filling period: in spring of the third year following the harvest